Better Never than Late: WBC10
The Wine Blogger’s Conference was over a month ago and I’m just now getting around to posting something. I know, lame, but in my own defense, I have over 1.5 hours of video from that weekend and I just haven’t had time to go through all of it. Heck, I’m still going through it and hoping to get more content up in next couple of weeks.
I’ve never been to Walla Walla and I have to say that I was pretty impressed with the way they handled the influx of alcoho…er, I mean, bloggers that descended on their small town. Everyone was friendly and accommodating. From all the activity that occurred on Friday and Saturday, you’d think the town was hoppin’ all the time, but I was told by a few people who stayed there Sunday evening, that it was very quiet after the hordes left. Which is how I would expect a small town to be. Anyway, here’s a short little vid of my highlights from the weekend in Walla Walla. Did you know Rod Stewart was also in town that weekend?
Some notable wines that I enjoyed over the weekend were:
- Maison Bleue 2009 “Au Contraire” Chardonnay, French Creek Vineyard, Yakima Valley…nice seeing you again, Jon.
- DeLille Cellars 2007 Chaleur Estate, Red Mountain…Thanks for the bottle for dinner.
- AlmaTerra 2006 Syrah, Minick Vineyard, Yakima Valley.
- Smasne Cellars 2007 Block 3 Syrah, Columbia Valley.
- Pepper Bridge Winery 2007 Merlot, Walla Walla Valley.
- Powers 2006 Reserve Meritage, Columbia Valley.
- J. Bookwalter 2007 Foreshadow Merlot, Columbia Valley.
- Gilbert Cellars 2007 Estate Syrah, Doc Stewart Vineyard, Wahluke Slope.
- Dusted Valley 2008 Petite Sirah, Columbia Valley.
- Syzygy 2007 Syrah, Walla Wall Valley.
- Syzygy 2005 Saros 134 Red Wine, Columbia Valley…Thanks, Zach!
- Quevedo 1996 Colheita Port.
- Molly Dooker 2006 Velvet Glove Shiraz, McLaren Vale.
It was great to see so many new faces and old friends. I was a bit under the weather, so if I didn’t get to say, “Hi,” or chat with you, I apologize. See everyone next year in Virginia!